Section 1 Your Privacy
Section 2 What Information Do We Collect?
2.1 Personally Identifiable Information. In describing the information we collect, the term "Personally Identifiable Information" refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name, phone number, email, postal address or which is identifiable as being connected with you as a living individual. In many cases we need this information to provide the Services that you have requested to you. The amount of Personally Identifiable Information that you choose to disclose to InishTech is completely up to you; the only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us in conjunction with one of our Services or if you have authorised a third party to provide it to us (e.g. a payment processor authorised to provide information to facilitate a transaction).
2.2 Voluntary Information. We receive and store any information you voluntarily communicate to us in connection with your use of any Services, your email correspondence with us, your posting of information or content in public areas of the Site, or which you may voluntarily communicate to us in any other fashion. You may choose not to provide certain information we request from you in connection with our Services (i.e. information which is not designated as mandatory or required). However, if you so elect, you might not be able to access or take full advantage of the features and functionality of the Services. We use the information that you voluntarily provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing content which may be of interest to you, improving our Services, issuing account statements, managing billing and support and communicating with you. Until you initiate a voluntary transaction in connection with the Services or request us to supply information to you and provide information for that purpose, we do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information about you (such as your e-mail address). Once you do initiate a voluntary transaction, we will ask you for certain information depending upon the nature of the transaction in question. Such voluntary transactions may include asking our experts a question, using our online forums, taking part in a survey, and other actions.For example:
- When you register as a user of the Site, we ask you to provide Personally Identifiable Information to provide Services to you, to help us better serve you and to enable us to communicate with you including with respect to new and improved features and functionality that we may offer in connection with the Services from time to time or in relation to the provision of the Services generally. We may also receive Personally Identifiable Information about you from our business partners if you have authorised them to provide that information to us.
- When you ask our experts a question, we ask for the information we need in order to answer your question as quickly and as accurately as we can. We ask for your email address in order to be able to reply directly or to ask for additional information necessary to respond to your question.
- When you submit a request to receive a print publication or e-mail newsletter, we ask for the information we need in order to process your request as quickly and as accurately as we can. We ask for your email address in order to be able to reply directly or to ask for additional information necessary to respond to your question.
- When you take part in a survey, we ask for your email address and other Personally Identifiable Information so that we can contact you to send you information that we think might be of interest to you.
2.3 Automatically Collected Information. Certain types of information relating to you or arising from your use of the Services are automatically collected whenever you interact with the Services. As do many Internet sites, we use "cookies" (see Section 2.4 below), and we also obtain certain types of information whenever your Internet browser accesses the Services. Among other things, we may collect these types of information to monitor and analyze aggregate user traffic patterns and Site usage to help us develop and improve the design, layout and functionality of the Site and the Services. Examples of the information we may collect and analyze include (i) your login name, password and email address (but only if you have first voluntarily become a registered user of the Site), (ii) the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, (iii) computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform, (iv) the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from the Site, including date and time, (v) cookie number, and (vi) the web pages you viewed at the Site and any information or content you searched for in connection with the Services.
2.4.2 Managing Your Cookie Preferences. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to disable acceptance of any cookies acceptance, or give you the option of accepting or rejecting any particular cookie. Please consult the "help" function in your browser if you want to find out how to accept, disable or selectively enable cookies. Even if your browser is configured not to accept cookies, you can still use many of the features on our site. However, we recommend that you accept cookies from the Site so that you will be able to take full advantage of the features and functions of the Services we offer. For information on how to control your cookies go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Access your account information when you "sign in" as a registered user of the Site, so that we have the ability to provide customized content and services to you.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using our Services.
- Estimate and report our total visitor size and traffic at the Site.
- Conduct research and analysis to improve or debug the content and services available at the Site.
- Display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on the Site.
2.5 Email and other Correspondence. We may send you email or other forms of correspondence that are intended to notify you of new features or functions of the Services or of marketing or sales offers that we think may be of use or interest to you. To help us make such emails more useful and interesting to you, we may receive a confirmation when you open email sent to you from us if your computer makes available such a function. If you would rather not receive any such email correspondence or marketing information, please contact us at privacymanager@InishTech.com.
2.6 Information from Third Parties. In order to improve the personalization of your Internet browsing experience with us, or to identify and develop new features or services which may be of use or interest to you, we may from time to time receive information about you from third parties and add it to our account information about you. We also sometimes receive updated information from our business affiliates so that we may correct our records and send you marketing offers or special promotions that may be of interest to you.
Section 3 How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
3.1 General. In addition to the purposes described in the preceding section, the information we collect is generally used to improve the content of our web pages and print publications, customize the content and/or layout of our web pages, notify you about updates or improvements to our Site and Services, issue account statements and manage billing and support, send you your personal identification number and password. In addition we may use the information we collect in the manners described in Section 3.2 below.
3.2 If you have consented to us doing so when we gathered the information from you, unless permitted by law, we may also contact you for marketing purposes, including notifying you of third-party products and services in which you may be interested.
3.3 Disclosure to Third Parties. Information about customers of the Site is an integral part of our business, and InishTech is not in the business of selling or renting it to third parties. InishTech shares user information only with (i) its subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes set out in this Policy and (ii) specified third parties under the conditions described below:
- Marketing Companies. If you have consented to us doing so when we gathered the information from you InishTech may share customer information collected by it with third party marketing companies engaged by InishTech to conduct marketing campaigns or promotions under the control and direction of InishTech. InishTech maintains ownership and control of the user information so used.
- Agents and Contractors. From time to time InishTech may employ or engage other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Examples include provision of accounting, legal and financial or investment services, fulfilling orders, shipping packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, deleting duplicative information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. Such third parties may have access to personally identifying user information if such is required in order to perform their service functions, and may not use such information for any other purposes.
- Third Party Advertisers. InishTech may provide aggregate group statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related Site information to reputable third-party advertisers of InishTech, but these statistics will include no Personally Identifiable Information about users of our Site.
- Third Party Businesses. InishTech has, and continues to develop and expand, business relationships with industry professionals who register with the Site and other third party businesses not controlled by InishTech . These professionals or other third party businesses either do or may in the future provide services or offer to sell goods or services at the Site or through its Services. If you request or initiate a proposed transaction with one of these third party businesses, we may share customer information related to that transaction with such party.
- Sale of Business. As we develop, expand and improve our lines of business, we might sell or purchase the assets of one or more of our own lines of business or those of third parties. In such transactions, customer information is generally one of the transferred business assets, and accordingly we reserve our rights to sell or purchase customer information in any such sale of business transaction. Furthermore, in the event that InishTech, or all or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Disclosure Required by Law; Protection of Property and Rights. InishTech may release customer account or other Personally Identifiable Information if it believes such release is necessary (i) to comply with law or respond to lawful requests or legal process, (ii) to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement or any other agreement relating to access and use of the Site, (iii) to safeguard the property or rights of InishTech , its customers, subsidiaries or affiliates, or (iv) to act on a good faith belief that such release is necessary to protect the personal safety of InishTech, its employees, customers or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.Disclosure With Your Consent. Other than as described in the foregoing, you will receive prior notice from us in the event we propose to share customer information about you with third parties, and you will have a reasonable opportunity to elect not to share the information.
- "Opt Out" and Complaint Procedures. In addition to the options made available to you when we collect information (if any), you may elect to "opt out" of having your individually identifiable information shared with third-parties (except for uses specifically requested by you, and necessary business uses). You must submit in writing separate third-party opt-out requests for each medium (mail, fax, telephone, or e-mail) to our Privacy Manager in one of the following ways:
By Mail Address: Inish Technology Ventures Limited, 3/F, Crescent hall, Mount Street Crescent, Dublin 2.
By Email privacymanager@InishTech.com
By Fax +353 1 6618682
By Phone +353 1 2373060
We will update the specific records related to your request as promptly as practical. Note, however, that you may receive additional communications from third parties after you submit your request while we process the request. Additionally, your information may exist in multiple lists within the company and our technology limits the processing of opt-out requests to the specific list source. We will continuously assess our responsiveness to opt-out requests against new technologies, business practices and our customers' needs.
Section 4: Accessing and Correcting Your Information, Inquiries, Complaints and Security
4.1 We want any information you provide to be correct so we provide you with the ability to update or delete the information we have about you. You must identify yourself before we give out any information. If you wish to correct your information, or have any related questions or complaints, please contact us at privacymanager@InishTech.com. We reserve the right to reject or remove any information or content posted on our Site at our sole discretion.
4.2 At any time you may make a written request to have access to all the information that we hold about you. We will provide this information to you and may request a small administrative charge.
4.4 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
4.5 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet and you hereby release us form any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
Section 5 What About Links to Other Websites?
5.1 As a dynamic and growing website, the Site may contain links to other websites that are not under our control. These websites have their own policies regarding privacy. For your own protection, you should review their policies upon visiting these other sites to make sure they meet your expectations of privacy.
Section 6 About Children's Privacy
6.1 InishTech is committed to the safety of our children. Children under 18 may not participate on the Site. Also, we encourage children under the age of 18 to ask a parent for permission before providing or sending any information to anyone online.
Section 7 Your Consent